- 2 cups MUSSELMAN’S® Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- 1 3-ounce package light cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons MUSSELMAN’S® Premium Apple Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In large bowl, combine apple sauce, sugar, oil, egg whites and vanilla extract, blending with spoon.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into apple sauce mixture. Add carrots and raisins.
Spread in 9x13-inch pan lightly sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake is firm when touched lightly in the center. Cool completely.
In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, apple juice and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and spreading consistency. Frost with Lite Apple-Cream Cheese Frosting.